Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not Impressive

This morning was one of those days that I should have seen coming.  For the record, I started making these lunches because Sabrina was so adamant about not going to school, not because of any need for recognition- yes, I have a blog, I see the irony! She truly wanted no part of school, but she saw a website I was looking at with some character bentos and asked if she could have one.  I told her they were special lunches that I could only make for her if she went to school.  It worked like a charm.  I like doing it, and she likes it, which is why I've kept it up, but I think I've set her expectations too high.  Yesterday was a bad day.  Long story short, I didn't have time to empty the dishwasher so I'd have pans to cook in, let alone cook dinner.  So when my husband suggested pizza, I was thrilled.  (Well, I would have been thrilled if I hadn't been so wiped out.  And if I wasn't washing dog poop off of Christina's foot.  Yep, she went outside, took off her shoes, and stepped in dog poop.  Awesomeness.)  My brain was so fried that I decided to send something simple.  I sliced a leftover piece of pizza in half, added some berries and broccoli.  If you know my child, you know that she is a pizza freak.  She can eat as much as her daddy when it comes to pizza.  So, I thought she would love it.  Do you know what she said to me this morning?!?!  "Mommy, I don't think anyone is going to be impressed with pizza."  <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment