Thursday, September 15, 2011

America

Today is the Celebrate American Heroes Parade at Sabrina's school.  Good thing, because I hadn't given much thought to what I'd be putting in her lunch box.  We went with an American Flag sandwich decorated with blue and red fruit leather, red bell pepper sticks and dip, and a white cheese stick. 

School is going ok for her, I think.  She's not overly excited about it, and she doesn't talk about it much, but she's never unhappy to be dropped off and she's always in a good mood when I pick her up.  Christina always acts devastated to see her sister get out of the car, but I think she's enjoying our one on one time as much as I am.  It's a very different dynamic when it's just the two of us.   This week we attended our first Christina-playdate, where she wasn't tagging along to a group of older kids.  It was interesting, but I did sort of feel like I was forgetting something, only having one kid all day.

There's no school on Fridays, and we don't have much planned this weekend.  I am actually really excited.  I feel like we've been running all week long and it will be nice to slow down and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment