Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day weekend

Friday afternoon we packed up the kids and headed to my mom's house.  The girls love it because Nana and Papaw are their favorite people in the world, plus they get to eat a steady diet of cookies and juice boxes.  Now, I'm not going to say that the junk food has caused the tummy troubles we are dealing with now, but between dinner yesterday and 10 am this morning, it's been yucky.  I've rushed each girl to the bathroom twice with my hand over their mouths, Christina has had two baths this morning, and we've gone through half a pack of baby wipes.  We had hoped to leave later today and be home before the worst of the bad weather hits, but I really REALLY don't want to put these girls in the car.  So glad there is no school tomorrow. 

Update: We stayed.  And good thing, because physics really can't explain how certain bodily substances ended up in the places they did.  I finally quit putting clothes on Christina at all.  Luckily, Sabrina seems fully recovered, so (knock on wood) she'll be headed to school tomorrow.  I'm not all that excited about the lunch I have planned, but events have conspired against me this weekend and I'll do the best I can.


I love this picture.  My sister in law and niece were at my mom's this weekend too, so we did not have access to the crib like we normally do.  (And, after Christina vaulted out of it last time...) The first night was not very restful- no one was sick yet, but Christina just doesn't understand sleeping in a real bed.  The second night was a little better.  By the third night, both girls were so sick and so sleepy that they fell asleep cuddled together.  Isn't this the sweetest?

No comments:

Post a Comment