Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cinderella, and giving up perfection



Yesterday's lunch was another big hit, but today we are back to a regular sandwich because Sabrina remembered how much she wanted a Cinderella lunch. She also gets grape kabobs and pretzels today. So here's where the perfection part comes in.  This sandwich was beautiful with no face on it.  (Cinderella is made out of two types of cheese and a piece of blue fruit leather.)  BUT, Sabrina really, really wanted a face.  I offered blueberry eyes and an appleskin mouth, but she wanted me to draw them on.  A blue mouth.  It's her lunch, so here we go.  If it were just up to me, I would have left it blank.  I think this idea is something that a lot of parents struggle with- what we think looks good versus what our kids think.  I know I do.  But I try hard to not be a control freak.  It's her lunch.  She wants a blue face?  Sure.  She wants to wear orange tights with a purple dress?  Fine.  She wants to mix all the playdoh colors together?  ...I will try my hardest not to pull them apart as soon as she turns her head.  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I understand sometimes when my Little Miss asks for stuff I think "but that won't look nice... this would be better" my OCD kicks in (lol) but you do have to remind yourself it's their life/lunch (to an extent, lol). :)
    I LOVE the cinderella. She turned out GREAT! I'll def have to try for my daughter soon. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Keeley! I'm heading over to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! My daughter wants me to make one for her now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Diana! I've been taking a peek at your blog and I love what you are doing too!

    ReplyDelete